The Night Shift | Alex Finlay | Book Review

 

Slow and Predictable 

The Night Shift starts with a mass murder that happens at a Blockbuster video store in 1999 leaving four victims and one survivor. The then survivor has now turned out to be a therapist and suddenly she receives a call to talk to a teenager who has experienced a recent trauma because she was a sole survivor in a recent killing. So is the past repeating it’s course? What connects the two incidents?

Now, this book is hugely hyped in Bookstagram. I mean I could find it in every blogger’s page and some people wrote amazing reviews and some said it was ok. For me, it was Ok mainly because I found many incidents dragging. I really want to like the characters but they were all somewhat dumb. Also, I was able to guess the killer way too early and I got it right in the end except the motive which the author explained.

So read this book if you like short chapters, slow burns with twists.

Comments

Popular Posts