The Book of Cold Cases | Simone St.James | Book Review


Slow burn yet Spooky

The Book of Cold Cases centres around the life of Shea, a receptionist in a Doctors clinic and a crime blogger, by passion. Shea Collins has lived a life of fear and anonymity until the day she meets Beth. Beth Greer was a suspect of the famous Lady Killer case, two murders happened in 1970’s where she was acquitted but still the town refers Beth to be the Lady Killer. So when, Shea accidentally meets Beth in her doctor’s clinic, she gathers her courage to ask Beth for a interview and surprisingly Beth agrees.

This was my first book by the author and I must say it didn’t disappoint. I liked the idea of the plot, that hold suspense, thrill and some horror vibes. The whole plot was written in two timelines, the past depicting the life of Beth in 1970’s and present day, where Shea is trying to unravel the mystery of the murders and the uneasy feeling she gets whenever she visits Beth’s mansion. 

I liked how the author has incorporated supernatural elements into this book that keeps the readers on edge and  even though I was able to guess the main twist in the book, I liked the whole vibe of it. It would have been a five star read for me if the horror vibes were not on and off in the book along with a dramatic ending. But nevertheless, it was a good read.


Comments

Popular Posts