Confessions | Kanae Minato| Book Review


I confess....

.

.

I confess, I am not a ideal mother...

I confess, I am not a ideal daughter..

I confess, I am not a ideal soul...

But then, Am I evil?? 

Evil mind is not hereditary but I can think of bad things and dream of bad omens and wish bad things happens to bad people around me..but then am I bad?? Answer is Yes and No.. it depends on my deeds and perspectives..

Confessions is a story that probes the question as who is correct.. is it us, who are judging these characters or the people who are confessing their sins. When Shuya Watanabe and Naoki Shitamura kills a four year old Manami, their homeroom teacher’s daughter, a mother is left to grieve with a  broken heart that seeks justice...Her revenge breaks the limits of punishment and it’s nothing but a mother’s pain.. 

Narrated from multiple first POV’s, the story is an in-depth experience of tragic love. Moriguchi’s revenge takes a toll on the lives of Shuya and Naoki and it’s aftermath is devastating. Each character in this book has his/her own past that shapes their behaviour. As each person narrate their story, the readers could feel the pain and the sufferings undergone by them but does that give them the right to murder? 

As readers, we could feel that the story would take a dark turn but definitely something unexpected. The amazing plot twist would keep you on edge and the most unreasonable twist and turns would be found reasonable. Confessions is a tale that makes us question each decision we make, their impacts and how far would people go for seeking revenge and getting attention. 

Highly recommend 

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Comments

Popular Posts