My Top Favourites of 2020


When the entire world is dreaming for hope in 2021, marking the end of a dreadful year that have brought a lot of misfortunes and unhappiness, I am giving a shout-out to the past year that has changed my life for some reasons.

The past year has brought back the old me and I found myself sinking again in the stories that could entrance me to another world.

This blog is for all such stories that took my heart out and had created a huge impact on me. This is just my top favourite from 2020.

1. Palace of Illusions by Chitra Banarjee Divakaruni 

This was the first historical fiction I have read in a long time and I was in love with this book. It’s the story of Mahabharata from Draupadi’s point of view. The story is a classic with beautiful writing and it would make you question each decisions that has let to the epic Kurukshetra war. 

2. My Sister’s Keeper by Jodi Picoult 

This books could make you cry and hell yes I did cry for this one. It’s the story of Anna who is given birth by her parents so that she could be a living donor for her sister Kate who is suffering from leukaemia. The story talks about parents take on our life till adulthood, if their decisions are right always or not. It also gives a strong voice to the kids, who also has right to their life and body. In all, it’s a beautiful story told in every family members angle which could stir emotions in you.

3. A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini 

This is just another book that could make you cry. It’s the story of Mariam, who suffers a lot from childhood to her entire life and the story of Laila who enters Mariam’s household as her husband’s second wife. This story just breaks your heart and you could feel the characters very much real. The entire story was set up during war in Afghanistan and shows the effect of war on common people.

4. The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho 

Alchemist was my first read of 2020. It’s the story of a Andalusian shepherd who dream of a treasure buried in the Pyramids of Egypt. This story has its pros and cons. The author tells us the importance of dreams and motivates people to achieve them. Wherein when the dreams were showed important it also gives the message that people sometimes go blind behind these dreams and leave life and its importance trying to achieve them. But everything concluded, Alchemist was a good read which brought me back into my reading mood.

5. Layla by Colleen Hoover 


This book took me by surprise. I am not a fan of romance but Colleen Hoover writing just brings all emotions to life. Layla is a paranormal story of a girl named Layla who has a near death experience and wakes up feeling disconnected by others. This story has amazing twist and plots and gives us the final love story feeling that “True love always wins”. 

These were my Top 5 favourite reads of 2020. I know the year was dreadful in all aspects but just a quick reminder that bad time do pass and when they do we can finally find courage and hope for a better future.

On this note, Wishing you a Very Happy New Year🥰🥰



 





Comments

Popular Posts