A Killer’s Daughter| Jenna Kernan | Book Review

 


Publication: 11-Feb-2021

Genre: Mystery and Thrillers

Publishers: Bookouture 

A Killer’s Daughter by Jenna Kernan is a interesting and fascinating read. It’s the story of Dr. Nadine Finch, a forensic psychologist and the daughter of a serial killer who starts assisting a double homicide case which has resemblance with her mother’s cases. 

The entire story line up fascinated me a lot and I liked the idea of the daughter of a serial killer trying to solve cases wherein battling the killer instincts within her. The plot twists were great and the suspicion over the killers identity was also good. The entire mystery kept me hooked up till the end and the final reveal of the killer was also to the point.

Even though I liked the whole idea of the plot and the twists and turns of the book, the character development went flat for me. I couldn’t connect myself with the main characters at all. Nadine’s journey intrigued me but at the beginning we find her distancing herself with people and then immediately she turns out to be strong. But I liked how she always believes that she is different from her mother and do not inherit her mother’s killer instincts.

I like the main character Detective Demko, but his role and their connection again went flat for me. But I do like the friendship between Juliette and Nadine and hoping to see more of it in the upcoming series.

Overall it was a pretty good read.

My Ratings: ⭐️⭐️⭐️/5

Comments

Popular Posts